New Delhi, August 17, 2023: CMPDI organized Hackathon on R&D to encourage start-ups/research organizations/academic institutions for promoting “Make in India” initiatives in coal and lignite sector, on the following 5 selected problem statements:
- Payload monitoring of loading equipment (Shovels / Excavators) displayed in operator’s cabin
- Optimization of dust suppression in opencast mines
- Design, Develop & Implementation of Pilot 5G Application and Use Cases for Coal Industry
- Technology to detect the effect of blasting on Propagation of cracks in structures
- Technology for efficient management of coal grade monitoring system
A Microsite has been developed for the Hackathon purpose and displayed in the MoC, CIL & CMPDI websites. Proposal submission started on 12.06.2023 & ended on 12.08.2023. In addition to webinar & continuous interaction with all concerned, CMPDI organised awareness programs at IIT ISM Dhanbad, CIMFR Dhanbad, NIT Durgapur, CMERI Durgapur, IIT Kharagpur, BIT Mesra, IIIT Ranchi, IIM Ranchi, IISc Bengaluru, IIIT Bengaluru and different equipment manufactures and Startups in Bengaluru. Overwhelming response from Scientists, Researchers, Faculty and students received for this Hackathon.
Overall, 34 proposals received on 5 problem statements which are to be judged as per evaluation and selection criteria. Participants will have to make presentation online before distinguished judges comprising faculties/subject experts from IIT Kharapur, IIT-ISM Dhanbad, IIT-BHU Varanasi, IIIT Ranchi, SCCL Kothagudem, CMPDI, CCL, NCL and CIL in the last week of August 2023.
Judges will select top 3 proposals for each problem statement and selected participants will be felicitated in person at CMPDI, Ranchi on 15.09.2023.